Sunday, October 25, 2009

Empire State of Mind

It's been too long since I've written, but my recent trip back to the States had me sidelined for a few weeks so there wasn't much to write about with regards to the land down under. It was sensational being back home and getting to see my family and friends again. My Nolita girls made my time in Manhattan fantastic, with plenty of party nights and some fantastic evenings just chilling at home with a NY slice or two! I had a blast with my family in Connecticut and got to see all the kids, visit with the grandparents and spend some quality time with mom and dad.

I was excited to come back to Australia, but I must admit that I left a piece of my heart back in Brooklyn. It was tough to leave everyone who knows me so well and come back to the other side of the world, which is all still fairly foreign. The 24-hour plane ride didn't help matters much either!

Luckily work has been really busy to I haven't had much time to be homesick. I worked back to back beer festivals the past two weekends, so while it's been good getting back into the swing of things, I am also exhausted! The photo is of me and the owner of one of our breweries after a few Lemon Myrtle Witbiers at the Australian Beer Fest at The Rocks in Sydney. I'm looking forward to a little bit of quite time, which I hope will happen this coming weekend. Until then, back to the grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment