Friday, December 18, 2009

Countdown to Christmas

It's just a week until Santa comes and brings gifts to all the good little girls and boys. I must have been very well behaved because my year was such a blessing! I have some time off between now and the new year, so I am looking forward to taking a few side trips outside of Sydney, and enjoying many glorious days on the beach. I have included a picture I snapped the other day at Tamarama, my most favorite beach in Sydney.

I thought I'd be quite homesick around holiday time, but since it's summer it really doesn't feel like Christmas. My family has been sending photos of the Christmas tree and various holiday happenings, so I still feel like I am a part of everything. I'm sure that on the day I'll miss my cousins and little faux niece and nephew, but with the miraculous technology of Skype, it's almost like I'm there. On Christmas Day, I'll be enjoying a BBQ on Bronte Beach with a whole bunch of my friends just eating, drinking and being thankful for one another and our surroundings. I consider myself a very fortunate girl!

I hope every one's shopping season is going seamlessly. I think it's been a very volatile and versatile year in the United States, but I hope 2010 will offer a bit more balance and certainty. Here's to hoping! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment