Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Elemental

Today we had an awesome day creating some paintings for our living room. We spent the afternoon at our friend Fleur's house, drinking champagne and enjoying a perfectly lazy day. Wondering how we met Fleur? The story is as brilliant as she is!

Last summer, we were introduced in Brooklyn in a dark Moroccan restaurant after a day of antics that could have fogged the memory of an elephant. My friend Francine was in town from Miami and she and I had gone to the restaurant to meet our other friend Kellie and her cohorts. Fleur and her boyfriend Ryan were two of the troublemakers at the table, but it was no more than a fleeing introduction. When I decided to move to Sydney, Kellie kept talking about how I had to hook up with Fleur, who was now living in Sydney, but she kept forgetting to get me her contact details.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Kendra and I went out on a Friday night to meet our landlord for a drink at a lovely outdoor wine bar by our house. We sat down to a table full of ladies and I couldn't ignore the bells of familiarity ringing in my head when he introduced the blonde named Fleur. Yes, it was the same girl! Karma has a funny way of paving our way, doesn't it?

Anyway, here is a picture of the paintings I made for the house. They remind Kendra of fire and in light of the recent tragedy in Victoria, I think it's a fitting tribute. I've named the series "Elemental". What do you think?

2 comments: