Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beachy Keen

As I have mentioned, I am counting down the final days of my absolutely sublime three month vacation here in Australia. On April 1, I'll enter back into the working world, and while the idea of giving up my beachy keen lifestyle leaves me with trepidation, this new gig excites me tremendously.

Even though I've been nothing but a glorified bum for the past 90 days, I've learned a lot about Sydneysiders and I'm glad I took the time to adapt to my surroundings appropriately. In New York, I found solace under a cherry blossom tree in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Here, I relish in quiet time at Tamarama Beach. The ivory sand and mouthwash colored waves get me every time.

Let's be honest though. My lifestyle as a working woman won't completely defeat my cruise control mentality. With a 9-5 steady plus 20 vacation days, 10 sick/personal days, and a dozen national holidays (Good Friday AND Easter Monday, seriously), I don't think I'll be beach deprived for a long time coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment