Saturday, April 4, 2009

Work Week 1

I'm officially back to the daily grind. Fortune and a very lasting impression landed me a job as the Marketing Manager for a very successful independent brewing company here in Australia. Most people probably think marketing and public relations are one in the same, but my role here will actually be extremely different from anything I have ever done before, so I am thrilled to learn and excited for the new challenge. There are so many wonderful things about this job - the people in the office are fantastic, we're taking on new brands and growing like wildfire, and our office is above a pub!

I imagine the next few weeks will be about getting adjusted, but I'm already a bit restless to get into the swing of things. I'm not a fan of being the new kid! Luckily many of my colleagues have quickly become my comrades, and people have been so kind in helping me feel at home. Yesterday, one of the guys even took me and Kendra to a local rugby game. We brought along Flat Stanley, who arrived in the mail via our 10-year-old cousin. I think he had a great time, and we did too.

The weather is starting to turn a bit as autumn is upon us. Most days we're still in the 70's but at night it drops a bit cooler. It's been raining for a few days, so we've had to pull out our jumpers (sweaters), but it's still lovely. I'll be excited to see what "winter" is like!

1 comment:

  1. What's the lasting impression that landed u the job? Drank the owner of the brewry under the table, eh? LOL!!! Glad to hear ur doing well and excited about ur new work digs! Enjoy cutie!!

    ReplyDelete