Sunday, May 23, 2010

Melbourne Weekend

I just got home from a fantastic weekend in Melbourne! I had to go down for the Australian International Beer Awards on Thursday night, and I'm very happy to report that we brought home 16 medals for our brands. Once the awards and some meetings were finished, I was able to enjoy a few days hanging out around the city. On Friday, I had a great day chilling out with the boys on a little beer road trip. We went to the True South Brewery in Black Rock and then up to The Local Taphouse in St Kilda. I bowed out to meet my friend Claire, but the hard core drinkers ended up at Mountain Goat Brewery in Richmond until 2am.

I spent the rest of the weekend with Claire, shopping, eating and relaxing. On Saturday night, we got tickets to her company's corporate box at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and got to watch Richmond v Essendon battle it out in AFL (Australian Football League). It was an awesome night and my first live AFL match, so it will be tough to beat when I go again.

Back to the "real" world!

No comments:

Post a Comment