Friday, April 22, 2011

Wedding Weekend

I don't think most Sydneysiders get the opportunity to go to a wedding at the Opera House, so you can imagine how excited I was to get to see my friend Lisa and her new husband Chris get married last weekend. Lisa and I met in the oddest way. She is an actress and used me as her character for a play called "Reality Bites". We met about a year and a half ago through a mutual friend, and I'm so glad we did.

The wedding was magnificent. Not even the rain could dim everyone's spirits, especially when we arrived at the ceremony at Kincoppal Chapel, which sits at the very top of the hill at Vaucluse, overlooking all of Sydney Harbour, the city, the Opera House and the bridge. It was exquisite.

After the ceremony, we went back to the city and had a sneaky cocktail at the Shangri La before heading to the reception at the Opera Point Marquee of the Opera House. The room was the perfect mix of classic elegance and funk, very much like the bride! The food was divine, the decor was beautiful and the music was the absolute tops - delivered by an amazing soul singer who had the entire place on their feet from beginning to end. I have to say it was probably the best wedding I've ever been to, and I couldn't be more proud, excited and happy for the amazing bride and groom.

No comments:

Post a Comment