Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Worst Blogger


I don't even know how months go by so quickly but it's already autumn in Sydney, even though it doesn't feel much like it. We just had the most perfect weekend of 80 degree days, one of those weekends that makes you feel happy just to be able to enjoy them. I snapped this photo of the Sydney Harbour as I was reading the paper this morning. I think that once you've lived in a place for while, you forget its beauty, or at least take it for granted. Today was one of those days that reminded me how darn lucky I am!

I've been busy. The new job has been going really well and keeps me on my toes. I enjoy it - it's a good balance of chaos and pure ridiculousness. It also makes me appreciate my downtime that much more. I am looking forward to some big weekends coming up - including a black tie wedding at the Sydney Opera House on Saturday. I am so excited - I'm sure most Sydneysiders don't get to go to an Opera House wedding, but this expat yankee is flying high! Then of course Easter is coming up, which means a five day weekend here is Australia! As much as the laid back "no worries" attitude often annoys the heck out of me, I relish in it when the holidays come around! And then in the beginning of May, two close friends turn 30 and 40, so we'll be headed up to the Hawkesbury River for a big weekend party.

Which brings me to June, when I'll be scheming for my first week off since I started the new gig. I'd love to come home (my good friend Nicolette is getting married upstate) but the 24 hour journey is a bit much for such little time. Recently I've been hung up on Buenos Aires, Malawi and Vietnam, and I think I'll have to look into the latter purely due to flight times and weather. We'll see - anything can happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment