Sunday, December 5, 2010

Silly Season 2010

Can you believe it? Christmas is right around the corner! It always seems to sneak up on me since I've been in Sydney, which probably has to do with the fact that it's 75 degrees and I'm craving iced coffee over egg nog! Nevertheless the silly season is upon us and the holiday parties have already begun, ensuring a boozy and pound packing month of fun ahead.

Tomorrow, I begin a brand new job which is both exciting and terrifying at the same time. I've had a fantastic career in consumer PR, but my new gig takes me into the world of finance and wealth management, a far cry from my comfort zone of beauty and beer. It's a fantastic opportunity that I'm thrilled to take on, but I know the change will prove very challenging and I'll have to rely on patience and determination to succeed. I'll be sure to keep you up to date on how it goes!

I'll be in Sydney for Christmas and the New Year, which will be great since I have yet to be "home" for the holidays since moving here. Friends and friend's families are flying in and it will be an amazing week of beach BBQs, parties, food and drink! Although I usually start to get a bit homesick this time of year, the sunshine and warm weather are always a fantastic comfort to me... especially when I see snow in those New England weather reports! Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment