Bangkok is insane. I had been warned by many, but I was keen to make my own decisions about the Thai capital. I had the day to myself, so I checked into my hotel, grabbed a shower and set out to see the sites. I realized fairly quickly that Bangkok is not a
As Chai dropped me into a restaurant to satisfy my growling belly with a lemongrass salad, the rain set in. Rain isn't very conducive to tuk tuks, so off Chai went leaving me to explore on my own. Luckily the rain let up just as I was finishing my lunch, but without a trustworthy driver, I found myself feeling overwhelmed almost immediately.
Bangkok is beautiful, but it's frenetic and aggressive. People drive on both sides of the street, and the sidewalk. Cars and cabs jostle with tuk tuks, scooters and live
I arrived back to the hotel in time to meet my group, and we headed off to Khaosan Road for dinner and a few drinks. Khaosan Road is as wild as you can imagine - with offerings that include everything from street food to sweatshirts to ping pong (a sex show - use your imagination). We were leaving for Cambodia early the next morning, so I did the right thing and enjoyed a nice dinner and a few Singha's before heading off to bed. Bangkok is many things and I'm happy I was able to experience it for myself, but it's definitely a 24 hour town - 24 hours and I'm out!
No comments:
Post a Comment